Tips on Finding Stationery
Picture your wedding guests. Maybe it’s your cousin, your best friend since college or your fiancé’s grandmother. Just think of the excitement they’ll feel when they open their personalized envelope and find a beautiful wedding invitation inside. The colors pop, the attention to detail is obvious, and they can’t wait to join the celebration.
Your invitation will give guests a first look at the big day to come, so make sure it matches the overall look and theme of your wedding. This will not only provide the requisite wedding information such as who, what, where and when—but will also give guests an understanding about the formality and expectations of dress for your big day. If your wedding is a black tie affair, remember to stick strictly to etiquette standards—but if you are going for a more laid-back event, feel free to let the verbiage show off your playful side.
Once your guest list is set and those save-the-dates are in the mail, it’s time to start thinking about giving a little something back to those who have supported you in the wedding planning process. Don’t forget to purchase gifts for your wedding party—get as creative as your heart desires, but typical gifts include wedding-day jewelry for the bridesmaids and ties, pocket squares and other accessories for the groomsmen.
Mothers and fathers will appreciate small, sentimental tokens on the wedding day, especially if you’ll be spending time with them before the ceremony—it’s a truly lovely gesture on this very significant day. And of course, there are the gifts from the bride and groom to one another. These can be small and sweet or grand gestures—whatever you choose, have it delivered to your partner before the ceremony with a loving note expressing your true love and commitment.
Lastly: wedding favors, the treat your guests take away from your wedding. Leave them with something that will remind them of your day but also show your personal style. If you have a wedding theme, this is a great way to embellish it and go all out. Favors that will get your guests talking are those they can take home and use in their daily life. Some examples include: a personalized candle, spices for their kitchen, a wine glass, custom-made soap, or even a matchbox with your wedding date.
Questions to ask when selecting your invitations:
- Do you have a minimum order?
- Do you create custom designs? Templates? What is the price difference?
- Can you help with wording? Etiquette?
- Am I able to receive a hard proof before I place the entire order?
- What are the charges involved? (Paper grade/weight, envelopes, envelope lettering, fonts, text colors, printing, delivery/shipping, etc.)
- Do you help with the printing process? Or do you provide digital files?
- How long will it take to print my items?
- Do you offer other wedding stationary items?
- Do you have a bulk order discounted rate?
How to choose the right favors for your guests:
- If hosting a more casual event, feel free to add tons of personality and style to your wedding favors.
- Lots of couples like to DIY certain pieces of the wedding—favors are a great place to start! Think Pinterest, Etsy and other crafty websites for inspiration.
- What else are you providing at the wedding? Do you already have more food than anyone could ever eat? Then try to avoid an edible favor.
- Do you and your fiancé have a shared passion? Are you the eco-friendly couple? Consider a small plant that guests can take home.
- Use inspiration boards and visual images to get your creative juices flowing.
- Remember: Your wedding favors will remind your guests of your day and can have a lasting impression. What do you want them to physically take away from your day?
Other stationery items you may need:
» Ceremony programs
» Reception signage (welcome signs, seating chart, food/beverage signs, etc.)
» Place cards
» Table numbers
» Thank You cards
Check out the best stationery vendors in Minnesota
Minnesota Wedding Guide is honored to work so closely with some of the best stationery vendors in the state of Minnesota. We have now made the hunt for the perfect vendors easier for you! Get your FREE copy of our Minnesota Wedding Guide to search over hundreds of vendors or view stationery vendors here on our website!
Minnesota Wedding Guide
Main blog image by Lauren Baker Photography